Mobile marketing just keeps on making a case for itself. A short survey from web.com provides valuable insights into mobile marketing adoption by small businesses and some powerful reasons to get into it.
What small businesses are saying about mobile marketing:
- In a survey of 500 small business marketers, 40% had created either a mobile-friendly website or a stand-alone mobile-optimized website.
- Of the businesses who had developed a stand-alone mobile website, an impressive 84% reported an increase in business as a result.
- Over two-thirds of those said that mobile marketing would be key to their business growth in the next five years.
Why the enthusiasm for mobile marketing?
Mobile leads to action. The same article includes survey data from Google which small business marketers would find hard to ignore:
- Twenty-five percent of U.S. smartphone users who searched for a local business on their phone made a purchase in store
- Twenty-percent made a purchase online
- Over half made a call to the business
Surprisingly though, over 60% of business surveyed still weren't promoting their business on mobile search! Don't be one of the small businesses who is letting the mobile marketplace pass you by. Getting started with mobile marketing isn't as hard as you'd think, and there is plenty of evidence around showing the amazing results it can achieve.
What about you? Are you active in mobile marketing? How important do you think it will be for your small business in the coming years? Please share your thoughts below!
If you aren't sure how to get into mobile marketing, our Tips for Getting Started With Mobile Marketing will show you the way.